Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
amartenj

Cura 4.6.1 - Profile settings aren't being saved. Lost on restart.

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.6.1 - Profile settings aren't being saved. Lost on restart.

When I make a change to my custom profile I expect it to be saved. But if I close Cura and reopen, though the same profile is selected, many of the settings are reset to the default values. If I make a change to the profile, then switch the profile to a different one and then change it back to my custom profile, the settings are populated as I would expect them to be. It's specifically when opening Cura that this happens. This is on PC, not sure if Macs are affected as well.

I noticed that if I look in the Profile Manager, the settings that I have changed aren't actually present there. That could mean the changes are not actually being saved to the profile, but are kept in memory, which would explain why I can switch between profiles with no problem, but restarting Cura loses the changes.

P30dtWI.png

KT0uy4Z.png

I've attached the export of my custom profile.

Edited by amartenj

Posted · Cura 4.6.1 - Profile settings aren't being saved. Lost on restart.

Small update.

I tried this one a Mac and the exact same thing is happening. The profile that I saved in Cura 3.3.1 can be loaded into 4.6.1 just fine, and the settings appear as expected, but any changes made to those settings are not saved when updating the profile. In fact, nothing appears in the profile under the profile Extruder tab.

Settings as seen from Cura 3.3.1

C8aK7tw.png

In Cura 4.6.1

Q6ZnLRI.png

Is there a downloadable file i can import to give me back the Cura 4.6.1 Default profiles? mine are all missing.  

3 hours ago, Havic said:

Is there a downloadable file i can import to give me back the Cura 4.6.1 Default profiles? mine are all missing.  

No, but a reinstallation of Cura should do the trick.