Material appears to be empty - Full Roll in the feeder

Posted · Material appears to be empty - Full Roll in the feeder

I have an Ultimaker 5S purchased in February this year. I have ran around 6-7 rolls of Nylon (Not glass filled) through it. I started a 36 hr build on Saturday with a brand new roll of material. Come in this AM and i have the error something like "Material appears to be empty. Still 3/4 of a roll left. I checked to make sure there was a clear path from our dryer to the printer. Even unloaded and reloaded the material. I have gotten this same error 3 -4 times since. Still have 16 hrs left on my print. This last time I removed the roll and plased in another partial that I had taken out. Seems to be printing and have not gotten the error. I looked at the material that I took out and it looks like the feeder gear was spinning out on the material. I measured the roll that I took out and it is 2.79-2.85mm diameter. The roll that I place in the machine is 2.8-2.85mm Is this a material issue?

Nylon.jpg

Experiencing a similar problem. I was running too high of a speed and too low of a temp so the material was getting clogged.

Also I have found that upon loading, right when you feel the gripper click the next step on the screen to load the material in. It could be pushing to hard on the nozzle.

Thanks for the input, Did you just slow down the print speed? Which speed settings did you adjust? I have been feeding the Nylon out of a dryer but in these hot and humid Midwest days, Running the air conditioner, I might need to up the printing temperature. I have this print set at 260 c I am going to up it to 265 for the next build.

I dropped the overall print speed by 5mm/s and added 5 degrees C. That worked for me. And yes the humidity here in wisconsin has been destroying my PVA and Nylon.

After trying these and many other suggestions, because I was in a rush for parts, I replaced my printing head. Shazam, my issues went away.  When time frees up I plan on trying to see if I can clean the the head. I can't believe that it is worn out yet. We use wear resistant heads and it has only been in service since early March.