Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
jetlink

Cura retraction continuously increases exponentially during print

Posted · Cura retraction continuously increases exponentially during print

Greetings,

I'm running the latest version of Cura 4.6.1 on my XYZ da Vinci Jr. 1.0 Pro.  I slice and save to the SD card and then print.  It's been printing fine but today I sliced a print and not long into the print it started making an odd noise.  I went over to the printer and discovered that it was retracting an extreme amount of filament and with each retraction it got longer.  By extreme I mean it was retracting at least 100mm of filament or more and I have it set at 6mm.

I re-sliced the part and also a different one and they both did the same thing.  Any idea what could be causing this?  I reverted back to XYZ print and it's working fine, well, as good as XYZ print will work anyway.  Unless someone has an idea, I guess I'm just going to re-install the software.

Regards.

Anyone got an idea?

I saw your post when you first put it up but I didn't have a clue (that's actually my normal state) about what's going on.

If you post the Gcode file here I'll take a look and see if there is a pattern.  The retractions and primes should all be 6mm if that is what you had it set for.  Are you using "Retraction extra prime amount"?