OctoPrint Plug-In: X/Y/Z Axis Movement

DodgeDeBoulet

Posted (edited) · OctoPrint Plug-In: X/Y/Z Axis Movement

Ender 5 Plus w/SKR 1.4 Turbo, Marlin bugfix-2.0.x, Cura 4.6.1/Windows, OctoPrint plug-in 3.5.14, OctoPrint 1.4.0 on a Raspberry Pi 4 running Buster.

Not sure exactly what's happening here, but when I click the left or right arrows in the jog position control in Cura w/OctoPrint plug-in, this GCode appears on the terminal:

Send: G91
Recv: ok P15 B7
Send: G0 X-0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0 F3000
Send: G90

So nothing happens ... the hotend doesn't move. When I click the forward or backward arrows, the hotend moves as expected. However ...

When I click the Z down arrow, I get this:

Send: G0 X10.0 Y0.0 Z-10.0 F3000
Recv: ok P14 B7

Both the X and Z axes move; the bed moves up and the hotend moves to the right. And when I click the Z up arrow, I get this:

Send: G0 X-10.0 Y0.0 Z10.0 F3000

The bed moves down and the hotend moves to the left.

Can't say I remember this happening before. The control buttons in OctoPrint itself all work normally.

Weird, huh?

Edited by DodgeDeBoulet

Posted · OctoPrint Plug-In: X/Y/Z Axis Movement

Sorry, that's a bug which slipped through testing last time 'round. I have fixed the bug, but have not yet published a new version of the plugin.

You could help me by testing this development snapshot. Download the file and drop it onto the buildplate in Cura as if you were opening a 3d model. It would be great if you could let me know if this bug is fixed, and if the plugin works as expected in general.

5 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Sorry, that's a bug which slipped through testing last time 'round. I have fixed the bug, but have not yet published a new version of the plugin.

You could help me by testing this development snapshot. Download the file and drop it onto the buildplate in Cura as if you were opening a 3d model. It would be great if you could let me know if this bug is fixed, and if the plugin works as expected in general.

Hi @ahoeben,

Sorry, it looks like I'm getting exactly the same results with the development snapshot, and when I look at the version information it still shows version 3.5.14 in both the configuration dialog and the store "installed" list. I also tried removing the plugin, restarting Cura, and dragging the download onto the buildplate again but that didn't make any difference.

Is there anything else I can do to help you debug this?

It looks like I somehow gave you the link to the current version instead of the development snapshot. Here is the development snapshot I meant to post. The version - as shown in the Connect to OctoPrint dialog - should be 3.5.15-DEV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ahoeben said:

It looks like I somehow gave you the link to the current version instead of the development snapshot. Here is the development snapshot I meant to post. The version - as shown in the Connect to OctoPrint dialog - should be 3.5.15-DEV.

This one's a keeper!

It moves exactly the way I'd expect it to, including honoring the perverted Z inversion I've enabled in OctoPrint 😁

Thanks!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DodgeDeBoulet said:

including honoring the perverted Z inversion I've enabled in OctoPrint

(that's how the bug came to be; I made a silly copy/paste error while implementing that feature)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

(that's how the bug came to be; I made a silly copy/paste error while implementing that feature)

Satisfying my perversions almost always gets someone into trouble 😆

• Like 1