Changeable Bed Idea

rhymeandreason

Posted · Changeable Bed Idea

Printing with multiple materials sometimes requires different beds to print on.

So far I've been using clips to secure a sheet of different material on top of the glass on the UM2.

It would be handy to just stick the material onto the plate without any clips or tape.

I found this stuff called "Suction Cup Tape"

https://www.inventables.com/technologies/suction-cup-tape

It looks like you can stick it to one surface, and then you can stick other things to it over and over again without slipping or residue.

(Their example is making an acrylic ipad stand, where the ipad just sticks to the slanted surface.)

Only thing is, the tape has a permanent adhesive side. So I can't just stick it to the ultimaker bed...

Maybe if I could remove the glass, put tape on aluminum piece, and then put the glass over the tape? Unfortunately you can't really remove the glass plate that easily.

Even more ideal is if there were magnets at the corners, so you could snap the glass off, and snap different print beds on.