Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
famewolf

Transitional Filament

Posted · Transitional Filament

I purchased some transitional filament from makergeeks (no longer in business) a while back (while = several years) and have been playing with it....I saw the "equalize filament flow" and wondered if it would help in using the filament since the diameter may change at times.  I also considered upping the temperature a bit to ensure it's good and melted to make extrusion easier.  Can anyone comment on the best way to handle transitional filament (other than telling me "don't use it")?

Posted · Transitional Filament

I don't think that setting would help with filament that can have a bigger than normal range to its size. The setting is more so thin lines in a model can be printing faster than normal by auto editing the line width for them.

You got to keep in mind that the slicer and printer both have no way at all in knowing just how the size of the filament is changing as it prints.

Persoanlly it's likely best to use the filament on prints where size don't matter to much or for supports if you got a dual nozzle printer and don't use PVA or anything like that for the supports.