Cura forces filament change at start of print

Encuana

Posted · Cura forces filament change at start of print

When I open Cura, for some reason, the first print it saves always forces my printer to do a filament change. Naturally I don't always want this.

I'm aware that I can edit g-code and that I can try to save the file twice, but I would like to solve this through the software (once and for all). Is there a feature or button that I'm overlooking?

Thanks for thinking along with me.

If the line looks like this:

"M600 E30.00 L300.00 X0.00 Y0.00 ; Generated by FilamentChange plugin"

Next to the Slice button is an icon with a crossed hammer and wrench.  Click on it and then close the Filament Change Plugin.

A second possibility is that there is a M600 line in your Start-Up Gcode.  Click on your selected printer and go to Manage Printers / Machine Settings and find the line in the Start-Up Gcode text box and delete it.

You said "...the first print it saves always forces my printer...".  I don't have a clue what the problem is if the first Gcode file has the filament change and succeeding Gcode files do not.

Thanks for the help. 
    I hadn't installed any plugin's and I've checked to be sure that the list is empty. I also looked at my start-up code for the printer but found no code suggesting a filament change. What's weird is that it's only in the first code that is saved, so Cura generates it only in the codes that have not been saved before, not by default. It seems to be a setting of Cura itself then, not in the g-code generation process. 

Posted (edited) · Cura forces filament change at start of print

I have the same problem. I start print then after bed leveling and head heating the filament is ejected. The printer is pause awaiting filament change. I prefer to install filament before print start. I do not have any plugins

Machine settings:

G21 ;metric values

G90 ;absolute positioning

M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode

M107 ;start with the fan off

G28 X0 Y0 ;move X/Y to min endstops

G28 Z0 ;move Z to min endstops

G28 ;Home X/Y/Z

G29 ; AUTO BED LEVELING

M104 S{material_print_temperature} T0 ; Preheat Left Extruder

M104 S{material_print_temperature} T1 ; Preheat Right Extruder

M109 S{material_print_temperature} T0 ; Preheat Left Extruder

M109 S{material_print_temperature} T1 ; Preheat Right Extruder

G91 ;relative positioning

G90 ;absolute positioning

M218 T1 X34.3 Y0; Set 2nd extruder offset. This can be changed later if needed

G1 Z31.5 F9000 ;raise nozzle 31.5mm

;G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again

G1 F9000

M117 Printing...

Edited by bikeslider

Remove the line G28 X\Y\Z as it is unneeded.

The line ;G92 E0 is a comment (semi-colon in front).  Your extruder location is at some random location and when the first extrusion of the print is read by the printer it is moving to (for example) from whatever E location the processor knows, to E0.0123 or something.  that results in a long retraction.  I suggest you uncomment that line (remove the semi-colon) and see how that works.