Editing Cura end G-code

Jaffa3D

Posted · Editing Cura end G-code

Hi, I'm a mega noob and have not printed anything yet on my E3D Bigbox yet that I have got working after someone gave up on after fitting with a Duet wifi board and 7" paneldue.

I fitted a BLTouch and the machine seems do do everything I've asked ie dual Z motor levelling, mesh compensation etc but I'm about to start my first print using Cura 4.7.0 to slice the stl file and I've noticed a couple of things that I would like to clarify before starting.

I'm editing the start G-code  to incorporate the levelling etc and I notice an M24 command without a preceding M23 command choosing a file. I presume this will just start the print anyway but would like to know anyway. I think I understand all the start sequence but at the end there are a few lines I don't understand their purpose. They are highlighted red  :-

159.688 Y74.363 E2343.13956
G1 X159.547 Y74.363 E2343.14007
G1 X159.397 Y74.513 E2343.14085
G1 X159.397 Y74.372 E2343.14137
;TIME_ELAPSED:2942.734487
G1 F1500 E2341.14137
M140 S0
M204 P3000
M204 T3000
M566 X1200 Y1200

M107

M83 ;relative extrusion mode
M104 S0
;End of Gcode

What would the G1 command do as  I would think it would extrude 2.3 meters of filament at 1500 mm/min after the print finished ???

I'm also puzzled as to why the M204 and M566 commands would modify movement parameters after the print had finished and no more movements expected.

I suppose I could just try it as is but I would like to get it as right as possible before starting.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies