Feedrate is very high

theone

Posted · Feedrate is very high

Sometimes I get generated GCODE with feedrate different than 100% - I see the Feedrate on the printer LCD.

For example in the attached files I get 700% and 800%

Why is this? I did not set any feedrate settings and am using the default print speeds.

Ender 3 v2

Marlin 2.0.6.1

Ender 3 V2 upgrade parts.gcode Ender 3 V2 upgrade parts fixed.gcode

Feed Rate % is set by M220 and there isn't one in either file.  The problem has to be in the printer/firmware.

In the second file the skirt is printing at a sedate 20mm/sec so at 800% it would be 160mm/sec which is really flying.  Is that what it's doing?  If it's moving relatively slowly then the display is wrong but the feed rate setting is correct at 100%.

Try putting an M220 S100 at the beginning of the Gcode file.  If that works then put one in the Start-Up gcode in Cura so it will get added to every file.  You'll still want to chase down what is really going on with the high feed rates.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies