Feedrate is very high

theone

Posted · Feedrate is very high

Sometimes I get generated GCODE with feedrate different than 100% - I see the Feedrate on the printer LCD.

For example in the attached files I get 700% and 800%

Why is this? I did not set any feedrate settings and am using the default print speeds.

Ender 3 v2

Marlin 2.0.6.1

Ender 3 V2 upgrade parts.gcode Ender 3 V2 upgrade parts fixed.gcode

Feed Rate % is set by M220 and there isn't one in either file.  The problem has to be in the printer/firmware.

In the second file the skirt is printing at a sedate 20mm/sec so at 800% it would be 160mm/sec which is really flying.  Is that what it's doing?  If it's moving relatively slowly then the display is wrong but the feed rate setting is correct at 100%.

Try putting an M220 S100 at the beginning of the Gcode file.  If that works then put one in the Start-Up gcode in Cura so it will get added to every file.  You'll still want to chase down what is really going on with the high feed rates.