Ultimaker brand PLA Flex shore hardness?

z-axis-3d

Posted · Ultimaker brand PLA Flex shore hardness?

I had some of this material from a while back and I did a print for someone recently and they said it was perfect. Now they want more and I can't get this anymore. I will need an alternative of similar hardness. 

It is quite a lot harder than the 82A filaflex and ninjaflex that I use.

Can anyone tell me a number for this?

FYI Soft PLA from filament2print is 92A

https://filament2print.com/gb/flexible-tpe-tpu/660-soft-pla-flex.html

Flexible PLA from rigid ink (when they were still around) was 55D which seems closer to the high 90s in A

https://rigid.ink/products/flexible-pla-1-75-mm-0-03-mm-tolerance-filament

I am looking at 2 materials Flexfil TPUs from Filaprint... one is 92A, the other is 98A and I just want to decide which will be closer to this material??? 

image.thumb.png.1ea3b5b446f12d5b502763aba2947e88.png

msedge_1c6f5tPfvx.png

Thanks again. Yesterday I ordered some "Flexfil" TPU from 3D filaprint, which is 92A; I also ordered a sample of Ninjatek Cheetah, which is 95A (and a LOT more expensive) - will be interesting to see the difference, but at least it looks like it was the right decision

When you have some results with the two materials, please report it back, maybe someone else is also looking for it in the future.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies