Strange Zits and Blobs on #3D Benchy

Brenttnerb

Posted · Strange Zits and Blobs on #3D Benchy

I have an Ender 3 Pro, and have been printing with it successfully for a few years now. I recently started tuning for a new filament, when I noticed some zits on the front of the #3D Benchy. I have never seen this problem before. When I watch it print, It kind of jitters around the corner, causing these extrusion inconsistencies. I can also see some random bulges in the top layer lines, on the width. It is underextruded slightly as well, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. The only changes I have made to my slicer or printer are, calibrating e-steps, making an  encousure, and updating Cura. I doubt that the enclousure has caused these issues, because I tried printing out of the enclousure, with the same results. The E-steps may require a whole number or a multiple of .04 for reliability, but I don't know that for sure. The only thing I can think of would be an acceleration glitch in the newest Cura. Other things I have done are to clean the printer v-slots(rails), tighten belts, and check extruder. Everything appears to be in good condition. I really don't know what is causing this issue. I have printed some other models, and can find little evidence of the same issue, and I have printed the benchy in a different filament, with the same problems. Any insights would be appreciated. 

Photo on 10-5-20 at 7.53 AM.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies