Keeping Cura from skinning all objects

Townsie

Posted · Keeping Cura from skinning all objects

I have this print, which consists of two objects. The cylinder is separate and is placed exactly on top of the block.

blender_0xnHJtTCNV.png

I export these two objects as an OBJ file, and pull them into Cura, when I print them - it's treated as if the cylinder is part of one solid model.
So when it's printing the top layers, it's leaving a slightly ragged space for the cylinder.

Cura_b8CGPHZtRU.thumb.png.55314ed83be8b3d08d1ff9ea24059c4a.png

What I'd like to have happen is for the top layer to be completely flat, with no hole, and then it'd print the cylinder on top of that.
I imagine I can export this as multiple objects, and then import them separately, but I kind of don't want to do that. It doesn't seem very intuitive when I import multiple objects.