I cannot find my 3d printer on the list Polaroid play smart 3d

pelinpetite

Posted · I cannot find my 3d printer on the list Polaroid play smart 3d

Hey there,

Is there anyone who use Polaroid 3d playsmart device with cura. I am a begginer and really want to use cura but I couldnt find the Polaroid playsmart device on the list and I dont know what to do? Can you help me?  

You will have to add it as a custom printer.  I couldn't even find what firmware it uses.

In Cura go to Preferences/Configure/Printers/Add a printer / non-networked printer / Custom FFF and on the right side change the name.

In the next dialog enter the build plate size  120 x 120 x 120

Shape: Rectangular, 

Center Origin: NO

Heated bed: Yes

heated volume: No

Keep the firmware at Marlin (it may not be correct but you have to start somewhere).

Don't worry about the settings on the right side at this point.

That should get you started.

Different flavors of firmware take different Gcode commands so you really need to know the exact flavor that the machine runs.  Polaroid seems unwilling to tell anyone what it is.

8 hours ago, GregValiant said:

You will have to add it as a custom printer.  I couldn't even find what firmware it uses.

In Cura go to Preferences/Configure/Printers/Add a printer / non-networked printer / Custom FFF and on the right side change the name.

In the next dialog enter the build plate size  120 x 120 x 120

Shape: Rectangular, 

Center Origin: NO

Heated bed: Yes

heated volume: No

Keep the firmware at Marlin (it may not be correct but you have to start somewhere).

Don't worry about the settings on the right side at this point.

That should get you started.

Different flavors of firmware take different Gcode commands so you really need to know the exact flavor that the machine runs.  Polaroid seems unwilling to tell anyone what it is.

Thank you very much 🙂 

• 1 month later...

Polaroid has an installation guide for using cura on the mac with the PlaySmart 3d Printer.  Following the printer setup settings as outlined in the PDF in the download seem to work just fine.   There are also other Cura profiles that I have not tested yet in the download.

Cura by far is the best slicer program I have tried using to fine tune the prints. 

This should help you find the installation guide they provide: polaroid3d.com/en/cura-software-installation-guide-for-mac/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
    On 12/13/2020 at 10:17 AM, dak30 said:

Polaroid has an installation guide for using cura on the mac with the PlaySmart 3d Printer.  Following the printer setup settings as outlined in the PDF in the download seem to work just fine.   There are also other Cura profiles that I have not tested yet in the download.

Cura by far is the best slicer program I have tried using to fine tune the prints. 

This should help you find the installation guide they provide: polaroid3d.com/en/cura-software-installation-guide-for-mac/

Have you by chance found anything about using it on windows 10? I used this guide but was unable to find the material profiles needed to download specific to windows.

Posted (edited) · I cannot find my 3d printer on the list Polaroid play smart 3d
    On 1/14/2021 at 1:20 PM, Captainalex84 said:

Have you by chance found anything about using it on windows 10? I used this guide but was unable to find the material profiles needed to download specific to windows.

I followed the Windows guide below and used the material and custom profile files from the mac zip file mentioned above by dak30.

polaroid3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Cura-Installation-Guide-Windows-V1.1.pdf 

polaroid3d.com/en/cura-software-installation-guide-for-mac/

Edited by mossmatt

Attached a Cura 5.0 profile for Polaroid Smart printer.   Should be able to import in to Cura....

HollowExtraFine.curaprofile

• Like 2

On 6/22/2022 at 1:40 AM, ChalsieBobble said:

Attached a Cura 5.0 profile for Polaroid Smart printer.   Should be able to import in to Cura....

HollowExtraFine.curaprofile 1009 B · 1 download

Where do the profiles get saved to?  Folder? Thanks in advance...