Control issues!!!!

boundaryllc

Posted · Control issues!!!!

Have an ULTI S5 Pro-Bundle

We are a manufacturing company, using FANUC, Siemens, Yamasaki controls etc. 

Had quite a few stumbling blocks in getting the Ultimaker to be able to be trouble shot easily and for it to stay reliable. Granted this may not be an industrial scaled control system, but it seems to lack some basic functionality.

Among the features that are missing: 

Interlock cancel and direct control are not available

-Should be able to force reverse feed, or feed with material station

-Should be able to look at g-code as its being ran so you can see issues in programs and understand better when errors occurs. You are often not present when an error happens so you can't see if something in the code triggered it, or even what the machine was doing when the error occurred.

Absolutely zero logic insight into what the material station or printer is hung on

-The alarms you do get seem to require a system reboot, and the problem is often still present at reboot

-The alarms are not descriptive

-Sometimes alarms are not called, but the machine is in an error state. Like it will goto x+ y home and just sit there on print command with no errors present. Usually do spooling the filament works, but its a hassle, and I always cut it off to get fresh filament in. 

On the mechanical side:

Material station is constantly erroring on material feeds. Anytime it switches material types it seems to leave a balled amount of material on the end that can't be fed through the machine.

At this point I find myself power cycling the machine constantly hoping the next time I hit print it will work not knowing if I fixed whatever logic filter needed fixing for it to start. Are there plans to handle alarms better?