Hello from Ruurlo, NL

wibo

Posted · Hello from Ruurlo, NL

I'm not the kind person to write on forums, or write in English for a Dutch audience, but Ultimaker makes me set aside my principles: Ultimaker deserves praise.

I have given myself the Ultimaker as a Saint Nicolas present and it has exceeded all my expectations. The assembly of the machine almost was worth the money, since it is such an elegant design. After I assembled it, it simply … worked!

My hobby is mechanical automation and robotics, and I’m printing parts for the machines I design. This really solves a big my biggest problem: accuracy, It has really boosted the fun I have in my hobby. I can recommend the Ultimaker to everybody.

The machine is great, but the software sucks. This is my biased opinion since I am a software engineer by profession (and by heard). Software Engineers think only their own software is good, and all other software sucks. The fact that I am still working with Curu means either that it is good enough, or it means I cannot do better myself (yet), You decide.

If you are looking for a 3D printer, do not hesitate. Ultimaker works and will provide lots of fun!