Eel Conductive Filament Under Extrusion Problem on UMS5

andrewtg161

Posted · Eel Conductive Filament Under Extrusion Problem on UMS5

I am trying to print using Ninja Tek's Eel conductive filament. However using their recommended specifications all the prints I have tried have failed. After messing with the settings I was able to get a print to kind of work at 245 C, but there is still a lot of under extrusion. I have also observed that there seems to be tears in the filament where the drive grips the filament. Is there a way to prevent this tearing? And does anyone know a way to fix this under extrusion problem for Eel filament on the UMS5? I have attached a picture of how the filament looks when it  tears and a part that is under extruded. 

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Posted · Eel Conductive Filament Under Extrusion Problem on UMS5

Had the same problem with Proto Pasta  on Um3 and fixed it. 
    The problem is, that the UM print cores have a 3 times thinner heat block then E3D Hotends. You either need to print MUCH slower, or print even hotter.  Try printing with 10mm/s. If that fixes it, you know what to tweak.

Filled Filaments appear to need longer to heat up. So you cant feed the hotend as much as with standard materials