TweakAtZ in Cura 13.12

cor-kiekens

Posted · TweakAtZ in Cura 13.12

Hi there....

I dont seem to get my TweakAtZ plugin to work properly in Cura 13.12... (i havent tryed any other version of Cura, i must add)

I sort of installed the plugin, and so far so good, it shows up in cura plugins...

I can also fill in data and stuff like that.. but it jus doesn't seem to affect my g-code in anyway.

I for instanse want to change the temp on Z0.5.. but no M104, M109 or S shows up in my g-code....

Also when using the pause at height plugin, it moves to the given pause position and then it immediately resumes printing.... Help (Daid).

I have set Cura to UM2 but g-code flavor to (rep-rap)

GRTZ Cor

tweakatz

Did you download the plugins from the wiki plugin website? These version don't work anymore since Cura 13.06.4 due to the change of the GCODE command for z-movements. There are a few updated versions of various plugins posted in the forum.

Setting the tweak height to 0 will not work with any of the different version of TweakAtZ. The plugin expects you to have at least one layer below the tweak height. It is executed when passing the tweak height from bottom to top. If you want to have a certain setting right from the start, put it into the basic/advanced tabs of Cura. It's also not necessary to fill in a temperature for three hotends (as far as I know, UM2 only has one extruder up to now). Leave the Temp2 and the Temp3 box empty. The plugin will recognize an empty box and will not change temperature for that hotend.

If you build more than one object within one run, I recommend you use https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Cura-Plugins/raw/master/TweakAtZ.3.0.1.py. This version resets the values when starting the second object. But it only works with RepRap-GCODE.

Did you download the plugins from the wiki plugin website? These version don't work anymore since Cura 13.06.4 due to the change of the GCODE command for z-movements. There are a few updated versions of various plugins posted in the forum.

Setting the tweak height to 0 will not work with any of the different version of TweakAtZ. The plugin expects you to have at least one layer below the tweak height. It is executed when passing the tweak height from bottom to top. If you want to have a certain setting right from the start, put it into the basic/advanced tabs of Cura. It's also not necessary to fill in a temperature for three hotends (as far as I know, UM2 only has one extruder up to now). Leave the Temp2 and the Temp3 box empty. The plugin will recognize an empty box and will not change temperature for that hotend.

If you build more than one object within one run, I recommend you use TweakAtZ 3.0.1. This version resets the values when starting the second object. But it only works with RepRap-GCODE.

Pssst Hern 'tweakAtZengineer' Aka Dim3ensioneer...

I have a request, you as a Plugin man, is it possible to make a graduate speedchange in de tweakAtZ plugin?

Changing temperatures with the plugin takes some time, so has a 'rampe' up and down, takes a few layers to heat up or cool down.

It would be nice if changing feedrate would work graduate aswell. Slowing down and lowering the temp, is not that bed.

But speeding up and higher temperature is tricky. Would be nice if you could spread the speedincrease over a few layers so it corresponds better with the temperature.

Not a software guy, so don't know how to do it myself.. but the result could be the same as the way cura increases the fan speed.

For now I use the workaround to make more changes, but it would be nice to have it automated.

Do you think it's possible?

Regards Kees

First, I have to point out the TweakAtZ is not my invention. First version was written by smorloc. RicardoGA then adapted it for use with Cura 13.06.4+. I've recently contacted the two gentlemen by PM asking how to proceed with the TweakAtZ-plugin but haven't got any answer so far (maybe they read it here?).

It's certainly possible to change the speed over multiple layers. Let's say you want it to decrease from 100% to 50% over 10 layers. Then a plugin could reduce the speed to 95, 90,...50%. However you would need to put in the number of layers.

If the speed should effectively be matched to the current temperature, then it would be a job to be done in Marlin, the Ultimaker firmware. That might actually be a nice feature for an easy-to-use printer as the UM2.

Do you know the flowthermostat plugin? If not: it does it the other way round; it sets the temperature accordingly to the current speed.

First, I have to point out the TweakAtZ is not my invention. First version was written by smorloc. RicardoGA then adapted it for use with Cura 13.06.4+. I've recently contacted the two gentlemen by PM asking how to proceed with the TweakAtZ-plugin but haven't got any answer so far (maybe they read it here?).

It's certainly possible to change the speed over multiple layers. Let's say you want it to decrease from 100% to 50% over 10 layers. Then a plugin could reduce the speed to 95, 90,...50%. However you would need to put in the number of layers.

If the speed should effectively be matched to the current temperature, then it would be a job to be done in Marlin, the Ultimaker firmware. That might actually be a nice feature for an easy-to-use printer as the UM2.

Do you know the flowthermostat plugin? If not: it does it the other way round; it sets the temperature accordingly to the current speed.

I thought to remember you made some changes yourself, so hoped you might be a volunteer for the job ;)

Wait what happens with this post, perhaps not fair to tag it with UM2, might attract more attention :???:.

I used flowthermostat in earlier cura versions, don,t know if it works now.

I give it try! perhaps a combination of the 2 works aswell.

[...]

I used flowthermostat in earlier cura versions, don,t know if it works now.

[...]

This one works... :wink: