problem in the extruder motor control and temperature

secondsky

Posted · problem in the extruder motor control and temperature

I have some question.

-Is normal that, in the replicator g control panel, al the axes can be conrolled with precision except for the extruder motor?

If i give him some order, there is a big delay waiting for the answer, and most of the time it just don't respond.

I use replicator g 025 with the arduino mega shield 1.5.x and the Built 1 Standard Relase firmware.

-When we generate gcode to print a normal cube, if i use my computer the extruder stepper don't work, if is done by a friend of mine, it does.

What are the important option to check?

-The ultimaker can't mantain the temperature during the print, and we have to say 260° to have 230°.

Thank you all.

Posted · problem in the extruder motor control and temperature

1) Yes. The extrude button from RepG is kind of a hack job.

2) Most likely cause is the "dimension" plugin is off in Skeinforge.

3) That's odd. But upgrading to Marlin might help in this case.

Or, upgrade to SkeinPyPy:

https://github.com/daid/SkeinPyPy/wiki

Which will upgrade you to Marlin v1, is known to work with all default settings. And has a better printing interface (PrintRun) where the extrude buttons work instantly.