Cura 4.11 G-Code Dimension Accuracy

UPeter101

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.11 G-Code Dimension Accuracy

Hello,

I recently started using my 3D printer to print larger objects. I've noticed that there are large dimension inaccuracies with my prints. For example, I printed a test object (a flat plate) to nail down how inaccurate the prints were. The object has a y-dimension of 128.5mm in Cura but I measured the physical print to be 138mm, about a 9% difference (see files below). Everything else was to scale however, just 9% larger. The inaccuracy appears to only be in the XY direction, the Z-dimension was spot on.  I had not noticed this inaccuracy before as I tended to print smaller objects. 

I am using an FLSUN Klossl Delta printer. I use Cura 4.11 to process and slice my STL files and generate G-Code. I then use Repetier-Host to read the G-Code and send the commands to the printer.

I am beginning to diagnose this problem now and have decided to start with how Cura generates G-Code, and will most likely move on to printer settings if I don't find anything wrong with Cura. I have attached a STL and G-Code file of the aforementioned test object above. I have looked over the G-Code, but can't seem to find an issue, although I am by no means an expert in reading G-Code.

I am looking for some advice on how to debug this issue, in terms of what (if anything) could be wrong on the Cura side of things. Any help would be much appreciated and if any additional information is needed, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Peter

front panel test 4hp.stl KM_front panel test 4hp_2.gcode

Edited by UPeter101