Can't find a way to avoid traveling over outer walls

kamermans

Posted · Can't find a way to avoid traveling over outer walls

Hi all,

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now with no luck.  I have a model (shown sliced below) with many slots in it.  When it is sliced, there are many travels between the slots, leaving strings/blobs behind all for each.  I tried to avoid this traveling by using "Combing Mode: Not in Skin" (and I tried "Within Infill") and I have "Avoid Printed Parts When Traveling" (although I don't think this is relevant), but it still makes many trips across the outer walls (of the slots) to fill some voids.  I thought that maybe the wall thickness was causing the walls of the slots to touch each other, leaving no room to travel without crossing a wall, but that wasn't it either - it also happens with 1 wall line.

Any idea how these travels could be avoided?  I can turn on Z-hop to reduce the problem, but I'd rather know what I'm doing wrong (if anything).  I'm using Cura 4.11.0 on Windows and I've attached my Cura project for reference.

Thanks in advance!

image.thumb.png.65559409ba32515cf7926992351db9a4.png

cura-wall-travel-example.3mf

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies