Ultimaker/Ultimaker 2 too tall for Maker Kase?

pikey

Posted · Ultimaker/Ultimaker 2 too tall for Maker Kase?

I want to back the kickstarter for http://goo.gl/8bNNvg to keep my cats away from the Ultimaker 2 I recently ordered, but it will still let me see and access the printer easily. The cabinet outer dimensions are 24” Wide x 22” High x 22” Deep.

My question is: is the Ultimaker too tall to fit in the Maker Kase without interfering with the bowden tube?

my ultimaker 1, base to top of bowden tube is at least 600mm, and that's it not even in its highest possible positing, so i dont think it will be high enough. ever thought about asking a local carpenter or case maker? i know you can find all sorts of people online

I haven't thought about that, I've been thinking of making some sort of cardboard construct to keep the cats away, but figured the heat retaining enclosure would be a big help in the cold New England winters.

Looks like I'll have to shop around, thanks!

worth asking around on the forum for good materials to make the cases from. i think a lot of people use plexi glass, that way you can see inside perfectly.

one that comes to mind is this one, however that's more construe onto the actual ultimaker. the danger with putting it all in a box is the sensitive electronics on the bottom, which need to also be cooled, would be exposed to abnormal temperatures.

ultimaker_heat_chamber.jpg

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:88456