Hello from Finland

arska

Posted · Hello from Finland

Hi all!

Finally got my Ultimaker2 yesterday! It took 8 weeks to get, but it was well worth of waiting!

I've been looking for printer more or less for an 1 and half years or so. Latest on the list has been

Cube X trio, Makerbot 2X and Ultimaker2 which I discovered recently.

I chose Ultimaker2 because of numerous reasons:

+ Accuracy

+ Speed

+ Build volume

+ Open source (I like to tweak and keep my options open and development on going).

+ Price

+ Heated bed

+ Possibilities to use differend kind of materials.

++ Community was the last, but influenced most on decision! Good job fellow Ultimakers!

First i was interested on Ultimaker original, but decided jump start on printing.

Little minus in the list was that there was no dual extrusion. Luckily it was released out that is coming and I am waiting for it :)

I would very much like to do dual material combos on my designs.

I've been following this community for about three months now and it has been an pleasure.

Everyone seems to be polite, helpful and very very inspiring!

I bought this priter to make prototypes of my designs in the field of electronic engineering.

I have allways used Inventor for designs, but lately started learning open source or free softwares to keep costs at realistic levels.

Im looking foward to join the community and advance in the field of 3d printing and designing.

Best regards

Ari

Posted · Hello from Finland

a big warm welcome Ari to the ultimaker family :smile:

There is one requirment to be a member of this family !!.....

you have to be creative and a ...... little crazy... if you tick those two boxes.. then welcome !! :wink: LOL

Have great fun with your ultimaker2, its a monster maschine for printing very accurate models and beautiful surface finishes.

Im printing non stop since I have my ultimaker 2 and have lost almost no model prints what so ever.... no plugins or hacks.. just a clean working maschine..

Hope you can show us some of your models when possible... :smile:

Have a nice day.

Ian :smile: