4.12.1 issues with Ultimaker 2 with Olsson block

olhan20

Posted · 4.12.1 issues with Ultimaker 2 with Olsson block

Hi there

I recently purchased a used Ultimaker 2 extended with an Olsson block. I have chosen that specific printer in Cura 4.12.1, and I specifically chose the Olsson block add-on. 

The issue is that I cannot choose between filament types, so Cura cannot calculate the "weight usage" per print. It constantly messes up the support, either by adding too much of it, or not adding it all, although I chose the generate support option. Furthermore I am having trouble with missing retraction I have done 15 retraction calibration tests, and the issue won't go away. I have tried swapping filament, drying it, changing the Bowden tube, install a TFM coupler, cleaning out and servicing the entire machine. I have tried updating the printer's firmware. I have tried downloading a previous version of cura as well, but with no luck.

Does anyone know how to fix this, or have you had the same issues at any point?

BR Oliver

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies