Info about UM2 Hot End "Matchless" upgrade

gdog

Posted · Info about UM2 Hot End "Matchless" upgrade

I'm still new-to-the-hardware side of things.  I recently came across some material about an "upgrade" that was done to the UM2 by 3Dsolex that they claim increased heat transfer and speed by doing some various things, and more as an academic exercise in understanding the evoluation from the original UM2 hot ends to the current Olsen Block, I was wondering if anybody can explain what the deal is with the "Matchless" heat block and if it's totally depricated or has any performance benefits. 

From what I can piece together, it seems like their matchless nozzles are still things people use, but that maybe they just use them with the Olsen Block?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies