Bondtech DDG & UM2+ Firmware Not Working

Kickflip

Posted · Bondtech DDG & UM2+ Firmware Not Working

Hello,

I recently upgraded to a Bondtech DGG for my UM2+.

I followed the instructions on Bondtech's website to update the firmware - https://www.bondtech.se/knowledge-base/firmware-updates-for-ultimaker/

However, once the firmware was updated, I closed Cura and performed a Factory Reset on the printer but the printer never turned back on, it just remained off. I tried restarting it and it turned on but I don't think the DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT was set to 311 nor the FILAMENT_INSERT_FAST_SPEED set to 50 because the prints were horrible; over extrusion galore. I tired doing the same steps 5 times and no dice.

What am I doing wrong?

I reached out to Bondtech but no response, yet.

I'm hoping someone on here went through the same scenario and figured out a solution. Ideally, I'm looking to use the latest Cura version and its future updates as well as the latest firmware for the UM2+ but with the "E-step set to 311" and the "Loading Speed set to 50 mm/s"

Thank you!