• 3 weeks later...

Not so dumb. Cura will "slice" your file to print, either an STL, 3MF, etc.  This will generate the G-Code that the printer uses.  You can use the preview (RECOMMENDED) to see what is actually going to print as sometimes you don't always get what you expect.

Once you have sliced your part, you then can either use Cura to print from the software or you can save the G-Code to a file.

If you choose to save the  file you'll need to put it on a media that your printer supports.  Typically and SSD or Micro-SSD card slot is located on the printer.  From there your printer can load the file and process the files.

The downside of printing from Cura or programs like Ponterface is that your Chromebook would need to be connected to the printer, via a USB or Wi-Fi and can't go to sleep.  I print from my laptop using Ponterface as it gives me more control over the printing. It's a great program that lets you set up macros so that you'll never need to touch the dials on your printer again. 

• 5 months later...

If you're new to 3D printing, the thought of using Cura can be daunting. It's a powerful program with a lot of features, and it can be tough to figure out where to start. One of the most common questions we get is "How do I upload a file to the build plate in Cura?"

The answer is actually pretty simple, but it's easy to miss if you're not familiar with the interface. Here's a quick step-by-step guide to help you get started:

1. Open Cura and click on the "File" menu at the top of the window.

2. Select "Open" from the drop-down menu.

3. Find the file you want to print and click "Open."

4. The file will now appear in the "Build Plate" window.

5. To print the file, click on the "Print" button at the bottom of the window.

That's all there is to Rockwool RWA45 100mm! If you have any other questions about using Cura, be sure to check out our other articles or contact us for more help.