Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

I just downloaded Cura on my chromebook and can't figure out how to upload a file to the build plate, can someone help please? Sorry if this is a dumb question I'm new to Cura.

• 3 weeks later...

Not so dumb. Cura will "slice" your file to print, either an STL, 3MF, etc.  This will generate the G-Code that the printer uses.  You can use the preview (RECOMMENDED) to see what is actually going to print as sometimes you don't always get what you expect.

Once you have sliced your part, you then can either use Cura to print from the software or you can save the G-Code to a file.

If you choose to save the  file you'll need to put it on a media that your printer supports.  Typically and SSD or Micro-SSD card slot is located on the printer.  From there your printer can load the file and process the files.

The downside of printing from Cura or programs like Ponterface is that your Chromebook would need to be connected to the printer, via a USB or Wi-Fi and can't go to sleep.  I print from my laptop using Ponterface as it gives me more control over the printing. It's a great program that lets you set up macros so that you'll never need to touch the dials on your printer again.