Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
italianmaxx

reset home XYZ ?

today I entered the wonderful world of 3d print. I tried several prints of the 20mm cube and anfter failures and disasters I printed my 1st one. the print was all but perfect (a lot of stringing in the inside filling and bridging for the last layers failed so I had a cube without the last face...

anyway, problems with stitching of the first layers but the BIGGEST one is the lack of a RESET for the home position. everytime I start a print the netfabb simulation shows the head in the front-left angle and not at the right place, in the center of the platform.

no way to reset the home position in netfabb??? 150$ and a '2 lines of code function' is missing????

please let me know that it's me and the function is there, hidden somewhere...

:?: :?: :?: :?:

by the way, If I print with the fan on the pla solidifies so fast that layers don't stitch...

After the gazillionth reading of this forum I found that NF use a 100,100 home ( fixed and not moveable nor resetable i guess) . So the head WANT to go home before starting print ( actually i unchecked the flag on the Machine-Ultimaker-... button but it doesn't seem to make any difference) and after that the head wants to go back-left for preheat (?). Then it goes to center and start printing.

So maybe this is a correct netfabb workflow?

1. Load parts/ stl

2. Decide profiles

3. Slice ang get gcode

4. Position the head at 0,0,0 ( front/left corner with the base Z height ready to print)

5. Start printing

At this moment nf should stay at home, go to back left and preheat then go center and print.

Why when i star printing it wants to go further left and further front, jumping steps and grinding my belts?

Please if someone have a correct nf workflow with correct extruder head positioning before the print, let me know.

Thanks ;)

Why when i star printing it wants to go further left and further front, jumping steps and grinding my belts?

Check your min endstops!

Most startup gcode tells the firmware to move until it hits the X, Y and Z endstops then sets that position to -120/-120/0. If it is moving to the front/left of the printer then not stopping, it means that the firmware is not seeing the endstops trigger..