Custom Profile does not use Material Print Settings

cygnyet

Posted (edited) · Custom Profile does not use Material Print Settings

Material Print Settings allow Cura to automatically adapt key parameters to match values needed for different filaments.  E.g. regular PLA might print best at a printing temperature of 200 C but Pro PLA might print best at e.g. 210 C.  However, in Cura 4.12.1 at least, this only seems to work for the default profiles, not for custom profiles made from those default profiles.

Here is a default profile (Standard Quality) changing the normal value of 200 C to 210 C via the Material Print Settings (e.g. Default Printing Temperature, Standby Temperature)

StandardQualityProfile.png.b4066adea17ca8067aa1d7e2e0bb1b46.png

However, Custom Profiles do not also use these Material Print Settings. 

Below, these 4 temperatures should be 210 C (from the default of 200 C) for this example.  Unfortunately, none are changed and two are flagged but there is no actual warning message when you slice - Cura will happily apply these incorrect settings without any message that there is a mismatch vs the Material Print Settings.  You have to manually change the "Printing Temperature" value to 210 C to "fix" the problem (orange color goes away).

CustomProfile.png.aa543fe5f0bdae08b994997f6ca1b62b.png

Can someone look into this and see if this can be fixed?

Edited by cygnyet

• 4 months later...
    Posted · Custom Profile does not use Material Print Settings

I am wondering the same thing. To me it doesn't make any sense if I create a custom machine profile but still want to have key settings for materials utilized as I switch between PLA, ABS, PETG while still using the same machine settings. Is this a bug? Or is there a solution for this?

• 10 months later...

Has anyone learned more?  I'm on Cura 5.4.0.  I copied the default PLA and modified the temperatures to be in the recommended ranges for some PLA+ I bought.  I have the custom material selected, but the values aren't reflected in the print settings in Cura or on the actual printer.

In the screenshot you can see that I have set 55 C for the build plate in the material settings, but the print settings for the model still show 65 C.  Opening and closing these windows, using activate, and repeating the prepare, slice, and preview steps makes no difference.

How is this supposed to work?

Screenshot 2023-08-10 151831.png

You must use the material settings plugin to set the parameters to the material values (right clic on the parameter to access to the setting function)