Cura 14.01 Mac suddenly takes a minute to start up

marinus

Posted · Cura 14.01 Mac suddenly takes a minute to start up

Hi, out of nowhere Cura 14.01 for Mac Os suddenly takes a minute to start.

I have the newest Macbook Retina 15", no other programs are giving me any trouble, except Cura, since an hour ago. So it is not my Os/laptop that is giving me a problem.

Before I've used Cura without any problems. I tried replacing the app with the downloaded backup, I tried to find out where the Cura variable are stored (I can't find them) because I think the software needs to be completely removed from my computer and reinstalled.

Where can I find all the stored support files? When I search for either Cura or Ultimaker, it doesn't give me any hints on where to find the files and I have hidden files all visible in my Finder so that is not the problem.

I would greatly appreciate the dev team to reply/explain how to troubleshoot whats going wrong. I cannot find any pointers in the system logs, and Cura itself, I can't find the log of the program so I can't find out why it's suddenly taking a minute to load while before it was almost instantly.

- Marinus

Posted · Cura 14.01 Mac suddenly takes a minute to start up

That's really weird. All of Cura's settings are stored in your home directory, in a hidden folder called .cura

You could try deleting that and then reinstalling the program. Open terminal and type:

cd

rm -r .cura