What is extensive z offset processing

Johnmgg

Posted · What is extensive z offset processing

Hi all, 

What is the extensive z offset processing option. Opposed to just using the Z Offset Option? I know that it adds Gcode throughout the Gcode file apposed to affecting the Printers coordinate system. But that still does not explain things to me. As if I should use it or not. I want to start with a Z height of 1.0mm from the bed and have 1.0mm spacing between each layer. As an experiment to see if I can dial in my Amazon PETG Filament. Does anyone have a slightly more in depth explanation? Or a web link where I can read up on this option or related topics?

Another thing: if I just adjust the Z offset, let say 1.0mm from the fromt panel of my Printer and save setting. It will start at 1.0mm from the bed for the first layer. Now what about the second layer how far from the first layer if the z height going to be and so on.

So, is the above option in cure going to add a 1.0mm Z offset or Height to every layer in my Gcode file? But I still don't know the differences between the extensive z offset processing and the Z Offset option.

Thank You

Posted · What is extensive z offset processing

Oh, I am using an E3D REVO SIX with a .8mm Nozzle and a .4mm layer height. I am used to using a .4mm Nozzle and a 2.5mm layer height. I switched over from using Simplify3D to CURA 4.x and then CURA 5.0 and I have to say I am liking the Options in CURA 5.0. The interface is nice having Plugins are nice, etc. But some of the plugins seem to over lap a bit with the built in Options i.e.: Pressure Advance (Builtin) and Linear Advance which is a plugin.