Order cancelation

Posted · Order cancelation

Im not saying its bad printer, but just not up to my liking for its price. I understand Ultimaker has to charge more because they are developing Cura and investing in research, development and a great young team. I cant say anything bad about them because they refunded my money and i lost nothing. There is many things Chinese dont do, but they do.

I have a theory 1.75 mm filament is better for bowden type of extruder. Altrough you can see many printers with bowden and using both diameters, so its not something to worry about. I also noticed that some companies locally allready stock filaments, but only 1.75 mm.

However converting my printer to 3mm would take only 30 minuttes of my time on lathe. Simply machining new nozzle (or enlarging this ones i have since i got 3 spares) and changing bowden tube. So if in future situation will change regarding filament and i would like to change, it can be done quickly

Im not saying its bad printer, but just not up to my liking for its price. I understand Ultimaker has to charge more because they are developing Cura and investing in research, development and a great young team. I cant say anything bad about them because they refunded my money and i lost nothing. There is many things Chinese dont do, but they do.

Yes, well, I understand your point. However, on the long run the "bang for the buck" counts... You want to pay for what you get, not for the plans the maker may have. There are good reasons why the Chinese have taken over much of the manufacturing. (And the Europeans like to think the Chinese are not a threat as they lack creativity. Yeah, right.)

Your printer's build volume is impressive. Do you see any compromise in print quality in the corners - if you have printed something stretching that far? How is the (audio) noise level of the printer?

Thank you for our thoughts on filament sizes. I haven't yet checked my local suppliers for their warehousing practices.

I printed alot in PLA, from dragons, vases to some parts i designed myself. The result is beautiful and excellent quality. I got no lifting of corners. The only upgrade i did to the printer is glass plate, they use an aluminium bed. I use a borosilicate glass because i can remove it and take it away under warm water to wash and remove my print.

I printed much less in ABS. I dont know the temperature requirments of my ABS and need to play with it little. I printed a screw and cube, worked ok. I plan to print few cubes soon ranging from 230 to 280 C just to test my ABS, i got a bunch of it so this test is not for nothing.

The screw, deatached from glass (it was dirty) so last top layer is little bit messy. 0.25 layer, dont remeber the speed anymore just it was quite high

cid_76519_B2_C8_FA04_E2986793_F1347_FC74_B0_Kreso_HP.jpg

The cube, printed at 20mm, ended 19.7 mm on all sides as abs shrinked. With PLA its exactly 20 mm. When i will determine proper temperature for my ABS im sure it will be better. Small blob on corner is because i forgot to add home x-y at the end of gcode :)

cid_A383443398424_FECAC566741_DF919_DF4_Kreso_HP.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a theory 1.75 mm filament is better for bowden type of extruder. Altrough you can see many printers with bowden and using both diameters, so its not something to worry about. I also noticed that some companies locally allready stock filaments, but only 1.75 mm.

Over the past days I have tried to use Ultimaker's Flexible PLA as material on my UM2 - the feeder doesn't seem to get good enough grip of the material. It looks as if there's too much traction between the filament and the Bowden tube. Do you now have experience with softer materials, how do they behave on your printer with thinner filament?