Did Makershed drop the UM2?

Posted · Did Makershed drop the UM2?

Looks like its been relisted on the store (they never took it down, but they did remove the link to it for a while), but now with a higher price. $3000.

Hrmm. At the current conversion rate, if I ordered the UM2 directly, it'd be ~$2800, plus an indefinite wait time. The whole reason why I even put off ordering the UM2 in the first place, is because Makershed had a $2600 (i believe) price listed the entire time, and then they raise it by 15%, which is disappointing.

At this point, It appears that me and the UM2 just aren't meant to be. I can't willingly put down almost $3000 on something that I might receive in 3 months time.

I might explore some cheaper 3d printers in the meantime that are also ready to ship. This isn't a knock on the Ultimaker team in any way. If there was a way I could pay and get the UM2 shipped immediately, I'd jump on it.

Posted · Did Makershed drop the UM2?

I decided to go with the UM1 kit and ordered directly from UM but even those take 2 to 4 weeks. There was a special offer that included the UM1, the ulticontroller and the Doodle3d which looks like it provides wifi connectivity for 999 euros so about $1,450 with shipping.

I also thought about buying one of the cheap Printrbot Simple just to have something to play with but even those take 2-3 weeks.

Still waiting for the UM1 to even ship and it's been more than 4 weeks now. Supposed to ship this week but there isn't many days left in "this week".

This is definitely not a hobby for those seeking instant gratification...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies