Did Makershed drop the UM2?

Posted · Did Makershed drop the UM2?

Looks like its been relisted on the store (they never took it down, but they did remove the link to it for a while), but now with a higher price. $3000.

Hrmm. At the current conversion rate, if I ordered the UM2 directly, it'd be ~$2800, plus an indefinite wait time. The whole reason why I even put off ordering the UM2 in the first place, is because Makershed had a $2600 (i believe) price listed the entire time, and then they raise it by 15%, which is disappointing.

At this point, It appears that me and the UM2 just aren't meant to be. I can't willingly put down almost $3000 on something that I might receive in 3 months time.

I might explore some cheaper 3d printers in the meantime that are also ready to ship. This isn't a knock on the Ultimaker team in any way. If there was a way I could pay and get the UM2 shipped immediately, I'd jump on it.

Posted · Did Makershed drop the UM2?

I decided to go with the UM1 kit and ordered directly from UM but even those take 2 to 4 weeks. There was a special offer that included the UM1, the ulticontroller and the Doodle3d which looks like it provides wifi connectivity for 999 euros so about $1,450 with shipping.

I also thought about buying one of the cheap Printrbot Simple just to have something to play with but even those take 2-3 weeks.

Still waiting for the UM1 to even ship and it's been more than 4 weeks now. Supposed to ship this week but there isn't many days left in "this week".

This is definitely not a hobby for those seeking instant gratification...