Does Cura support user defined macros and computation and/or logic in macros?

bellzw
Go to solution Solved by GregValiant,

Posted · Does Cura support user defined macros and computation and/or logic in macros?

I mean constructions like

my_macro_name = if ({material_standby_temperature, 0} > {material_standby_temperature, 1}, 1, 0) ; return 0 if 0 T0's standby temp < standby temp of T1, else return 1

M109 T{my_macro_name} S{material_standby_temperature, my_macro_name} ; wait for the coolest tool to reach standby temperature

so I can get, for example, for my dual extruder printer, the extruder number of the one that will be at the lower standby temperature.  I've used if ( condition, true clause, false clause) as a shorthand and example; I know there are other ways to express the concept.

If Cura does support these constructs, can someone point me to some documentation?  I'm aware of the list of macros at http://files.fieldofview.com/cura/Replacement_Patterns.html.

• Solution
    Posted · Does Cura support user defined macros and computation and/or logic in macros?

The short answer is "No".  PrusaSlicer does allow math and logic in it's StartUp Gcode.  Cura doesn't support it.

Let's say your print speed is 50mm/sec.  A line like "G1 F{speed_print}" would result in "G1 F50" rather than "G1 F3000" and "G1 F{speed_print * 60}" doesn't work.

• Like 1

That's what I expected was the answer, since I've not seen any examples in which the replacement patterns were part of expressions.  I was aware the feature was in PrusaSlicer.  A pity it's not part of Cura.