Printer gets #2 appended to the name

BastelWastel
Go to solution Solved by MariMakes,

Posted · Printer gets #2 appended to the name

Hey @BastelWastel,

I believe that happens because you already have a known printer with this name or config in your Cura. 
There are some ways to resolve it, but if you are not careful you might break your config and you will be prompted to reset your settings and profiles. So before trying anything I suggest creating a backup first. You can find it under Extensions | Cura Backups | Manage Backups

Before changing anything drastically, can you double-check if you can delete one of the two printers from your Manage Printer Preferences page? 
image.thumb.png.d0f38450abc4930029446588da62a9a1.png

Or at least rename them by clicking the Hamburger under the Add New? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @MariMakes,

thanks for your reply and please excuse my late feedback. I had not seen that there was a reply after all. 

In the latest Cura version I have installed (5.2.2), I currently have only the one printer set up, but still have the #2 extension. I was able to delete it by renaming it, but I would like to provide the profile to my team and it would be great, if I could get rid of the #2 before. 

UltiMaker-Cura_ewh3R2XsJo.thumb.png.2da7fb96ba8f09ad5383dd0bce3f398a.png

• Solution

Hey @BastelWastel,

I brought your question up with the team. 
    They pointed out that this is probably because the "name" and the filename are EXACTLY the same. 
    Your issue should be resolved if you slightly alter one of the two. 
    For example, rename your file to Eloprinter_Max.def.json

image.thumb.png.afe29e706487edf91319ae48fa0992d0.png

Can you let us know if this worked for you? 

• Like 1