Beginner needs some help. No height when attempting to print sliced file?

TourDeLance1
Go to solution Solved by DivingDuck,

Posted · Beginner needs some help. No height when attempting to print sliced file?

Hello All,

I'm new to the 3D printing hobby and am just starting with my young son.  We purchased a WEEDO Tina2 beginners 3D printer which came with numerous files to print on a microSD card.  Those prints went well and we're now migrating into downloading files online via the various free libraries. 

The attached STL file is the simple dragon I've loaded into Cura 4.10 that came with the printer, sliced, and now am attempting to print.  Unfortunately it's not working as intended. 

To be specific, after loading the file onto the printer and viewing it's parameters before printing they are all reading as 0 (x, y, and z).  When we attempted to print it once we got a hot, plastic mess because it stayed on my plane the entire time and didn't build on itself.

I'm assuming this is something quite simple and me being a novice isn't helping.  Any advice you have would be fabulous!  

Thanks in advance! 😁

Screen Shot - new_dragon_v4.png

dragon.stl new_dragon_v4.gcode

• Solution
    Posted · Beginner needs some help. No height when attempting to print sliced file?

Your STL file have an error. The model isn't watertight.

You can repair it with a tool like 3D Builder (part of Windows standard app's). I attach the repaired model.

Maybe a good idea to update the Cura slicer. The actual version is 5.2.2. Install it without deleting the old version so you have a fall back in case you are missing the printer profile of your printer. There are some neat plugins available, like MeshTools ( go to -->Marketplace -->MeshTools). It will tell you if a STL file have problems and give some tools for a repair too.

dragon_rep.stl