Unable to slice any models

sailor899

Posted · Unable to slice any models

Greeting everyone I have been 3d printing for a little while now. Everything been great till now.  I have not been able to get Cura to slice anymore even models which sliced perfectly.  I do not know if I accidently changes a setting or something. and see no way to reload all print defaults.  It does not matter what printer I chose get error "slicing failed with unexpected error, please consider reporting error.  

I have attached a smiple name plate which gives me same error is well with the build plate of my anycube or ender 3 max.   any help would be greatly appricated. 

CE3MAX_Glorious Amur.3mf Glorious Amur.stl

Thank you Diving Duck for the help but I downloaded your saved project  opened both as a project and a model. Can not get either to slice.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Cura 5.2.2 a couple of time and still have the same issue.  click slice progress bar comes up never moved then get the same message. 

I do not know what changed on cura but 95% of the time it will not slice. 

You can delete/rename the configuration folder as ultima ratio, but make a backup of the folder before so that you can go back if you want to (in case you delete the folder).

-->Help -->Show Configuration Folder or manually you find the location here:

c:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\cura\

Each former installed version have it own folder within this location (like 4.13, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2)

Next time you start Cura it will ask you to select a printer and create a new folders with standard values. In case there are already older versions available Cura tries to take over the configuration of the latest version instead of creating a new default set of files.

In addition I would check the log files if there is any problems shown. The locations are:

c:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\cura\stderr.log
    c:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\cura\stdout.log
    c:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\cura\5.2\cura.log

Remark:

AppData is a hidden folder, you may need to tell your file explorer to show those hidden files and folders. https://www.google.com/search?q=explorer+view+show+hidden+files+in+Windows