Wish list of minor tweaks/ upgrades to the UM S5, and the Material Station

orangepeel

Posted · Wish list of minor tweaks/ upgrades to the UM S5, and the Material Station

Dear Ultimaker Community,

I was doing some internet browsing recently and came across someone that has developed a higher temp printhead for the UM S5.  I'm not trying to promote it, but why hasn't UM tried giving us some upgrades like that?

What are some simple tweaks/ upgrades that you might like to see?  here is what another user has posted 

a) Firmware upgrades to allow the current chamber to heat up more, if you have the filter and enclosure....... I thought that was implied when the enclosure and filter came out..... now there is even more reason, since there is a closer relationship with Stratasys, and a merger with Makerbot.

b) Faster printing.....I know that there have been updates in Cura, but what about active shape modification, or FBS (https://www.3dnatives.com/en/new-software-reduces-fdm-3d-printer-vibration-without-losing-speed/)?

c) How about skipping bed leveling, if it was done in the last 2 hours, or speeding up the bed leveling time?

d) allowing the Travel speed in Cura to be increased over 150 mm/s, when possible.

e) Retrofit of the camera, or even a bracket to allow it to be relocated a little higher.

f) When the Material Station came out, there was talk that we would eventually be able to switch materials in the middle of a print, but I haven't seen that happen, unless you run out of 1 roll of a filament, and the second one is the same exact filament.  How about getting that upgrade?  I have been waiting to purchase it until that upgrade came out.  A number of other companies now are offering a similar filament/spool management product for less money.  

g) how about a nozzle scraper/brush like the Stratasys Uprint+ and others had?  I'm sure that some modified version could be added, especially with UM connections/part ownership by Stratasys now.

Anyway, I better get back to doing my real job, but I would like to know what others are thinking.  I thought I used to see a section where users could post ideas like this all the time, but not anymore.  I hope that UM is not just coasting.  The UM S7 seems more like a slightly upgraded S5.

Take care,

Larry