Help with printing two colors

kyberbychris

Posted · Help with printing two colors

Printer - Ender 3 Pro Single Extrusion

Relatively new to 3D printing but have been printing for a little bit. Can you configure Cura to print inside something already on the build plate?

For example, let's say I want to print a simple phrase HEY on a 2 mm black base. The H and Y would be white, and the E would be red. I know it would be two separate files to print, but when printing the E can you tell Cura (without actually going into the gcode) to print between the H and Y?

Yes, I could easily just print an E and glue it on, but I wanted to see if Cura had the capability to tell the printer to move to specific spot and print it. 

Im going to say most likely not possible.. 

But its hard to understand your question without pictures/screenshots showing what you are trying to do.

51 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Im going to say most likely not possible.. 

But its hard to understand your question without pictures/screenshots showing what you are trying to do.

So in the image below, the base is 2mm. My printer would print the base and HY the same color. Next I would print the E in red, but wondering if any current post processing in Cura could tell the printer to print the E in between the HY. The z axis would lift up and over the H to print down between.

PXL_20230301_191715058.jpg