Troublemaker 3D printer (Ultimaker original derivative)

Posted · Troublemaker 3D printer (Ultimaker original derivative)

Hey folks,

I would like to introduce the derivative of Ultimaker original we have made in Drustvo elektronikov slovenije (hobby electronics society) as a members project. While Ultimaker original is great, we can not help ourselves to hack anything we get our hands on and have thus created a derivative of it for a bunch of members to build.

Main differences to Ultimaker Original are:

- Improved enclosure design, allowing for easy heated chamber upgrade. The enclosure has been enlarged to house the bowden above print head, so only flat plexy pieces are needed to enclose it.

- Added support to mount two extruders and reels for dual-print configuration.

- Electronics mounted in the front panel directly

- The print bead has been modified to use 3-point leveling

- Enclosure includes mounting holes for short belt tensioner modification, Z switch adjustment modification.

- Bottom side mounting holes for different power supplies, stepper drivers.

- Enclosure mounted mains IEC socket with a built in fuse and switch.

- Mounting holes for cables.

- Fully stackable design

Sources and documentation is available on the following link: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:263814

I would like to use this opportunity to thank the Ultimaker team for their great designs, contribution to the open-source community and inspiring a lot of us to play with 3D printers.

Cura is getting better and better by the version and here I am suggesting a way for donating funds for development is established, for the ones using it with other then Ultimaker printers. Maybe there could be a store item "Contribute to Cura development."

Troublemaker 01

• 4 weeks later...

Beautiful work. A nice example of "remix and share". True Open-Source. In my opinion Ultimaker can only benefit from developments such as these.

Cura is getting better and better by the version and here I am suggesting a way for donating funds for development is established, for the ones using it with other then Ultimaker printers. Maybe there could be a store item "Contribute to Cura development."

https://github.com/daid/Cura/wiki/Donations

We love chocolate chip cookies.

I love the idea of supporting Cura by baking fresh chocolate cookies.. HEHEHEH LOL ;-)

Ian :-)

Hello Musti,

from the neighbourhood. :-)

Very nice design, gratulations!

I'm also building an UM1, I think I had the same problem, wanted to put all together in one box.

Found an other solution, hope that it will be also functional.

Built a "PSU box" underneath the UM. So I can use also regular RAMPS controller.

If somebody wants, will share the drawings, must only make it right.

IMG_5470%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Regards

Peter

/Hungary/