Cura 5.3 Release - PauseAtHeight not working for Anycubic Kobra, without manual G-code modification

Geckoas
Go to solution Solved by ahoeben,

Posted · Cura 5.3 Release - PauseAtHeight not working for Anycubic Kobra, without manual G-code modification

Printing with different colors on my Anycubic Kobra with PauseAtHeight drove me nuts.

For testing I used a testcylinder with D=10mm and H= 15mm.

The PauseAtHeight breaks were programmed for layer 25 and 50 of total 75 layers.

First I tried several setups of the PauseAtHeight script and no one, worked on my Kobra.

This is, because Anycubic seems to not have proper installed M0 code.

Finaly I found one setup with manual gcode adjustment that workes for me.

The printer uses Marlin Gcode.

General: Kobra Printer only stops for longer time, when "Pause"-Button on the display is pressed.

- When  reaching the pause layer, the printer goes to park position , lift-up and Beep

- When you press the "Pause"-Button  - printer displays " Paused, waiting for cache command to complete"

1.) Keep Motors enganded (3600s) - not working

- After pressing "Pause-Button- printer displays " Paused, waiting for cache command to complete"

- This state last for minimum 1 hour - because of "M84 S3600 ; Keep steppers engaged for 1h"

2.) Disarm Timeout (30s) - not working

- Printer Goes to park position , lift-up and Beep

- After pressing "Pause-Button- printer displays " Paused, waiting for cache command to complete"

- This state last for infinite.

3.) No Motors Enganged, Disarm timeout (0)  - not working

4.) No Motors Enganged, Disarm timeout (0),  G-code before Pause ((G4 S30) - not working

5.) No Motors Enganged, Disarm timeout (0),  + manual modification in gcode file ( M0 S30) - Working

- This state last for 30 seconds

- Then z-axis lifts for the internal "Pause"- move

- screen with "Resume"-Button is shown followed be some beeps.

- After pressing "Resume" the printer primes the extruder and continues the work.

- When you dont press "Pause", within 30 seconds of the first beep, the printer directly continues with extruder priming and printing.

To achive this, I manually modified the generated G-code file as follows.

**** generated G-Code ****

M104 S230 ; standby temperature
    M300 S440 P1000 ; Beep
    M0 ; Wait for Pause
    M109 S230 ; WAIT for resume temperature

***** modified G-Code ****

M104 S230 ; standby temperature
   M300 S440 P1000 ; Beep 
   M0 S30 ; Wait for Pause
    M109 S230 ; WAIT for resume temperature

My Question is, if there's a possibility to include  this addition of S30 to the M0 Code in the script.

Either permanent or with a separate Radio-button in the script parameters. 

2023-03-12_19h54_31.png

V3-AK_Testzylinder-10-15-M0-S30.gcode AK_Testzylinder-10-15 v1.3mf

• Solution
    Posted · Cura 5.3 Release - PauseAtHeight not working for Anycubic Kobra, without manual G-code modification

You could always add an additional "Search and Replace" script to change "M0 ; Wait for Pause" to "M0 S30 ; Wait for Pause"

I didn't know about this "Search and Replace" script before.  It's working, but it's more a workaround than a solution.