Initial Layers Problem....

nick_moss

Posted · Initial Layers Problem....

Hi, I'm new here and I could really do with some help to point me in the right direction.

I'm using Cura 5.2.2 on a Creality CD-10 printer and I can't get a satisfactory print - I am using Sunlu PLA Plus filament. I have no problem with the print adhering to the glass plate, but it seems that whatever settings I use, and I'm on about print number 50 with everything that I've tried, the first few layers are not printed correctly - please see the picture. Really frustrating. The first few layers appear to be unfused, but the nozzle heat setting (225) and bed setting (75) are unchanged throughout the print and the the remainder of the print is quite acceptable. I've tried Skit, Raft and Brim and all yield the same result. I even print upside down and the part that was previously good exhibits the same problem, so I know the STL file is good.

Any suggestions anybody?

IMG_7423.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Initial Layers Problem....

not sure if this will help but ive never had my bed above 60c for PLA (or pla+) maybe its too hot?

also is your first layer perfect i mean maybe you are too far from bed and its just barely sticking? use hairspray on 60c glass bed before print works for me. also do you have mesh bed leveling enabled maybe its not working correctly and it usually tries to turn itself off gradually by 2mm tall so maybe thats something to check (make sure bed is perfect and disable mesh leveling)

let us know what you find out!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies