Missing elliptical printer can't add in 5.3

jwhils

Posted · Missing elliptical printer can't add in 5.3

I had a WASP 2040 Delta printer defined in Cura 5.2.1, but it doesn't show up in 5.3. When I try to add the machine parameters in 5.3 (custom printer) by selecting elliptical, it stays as a rectangular bed. How can I get the printer and settings from 5.2.1 into 5.3? It seems to be a bug. Running MacOS Ventura. I have an Ultimaker account, and I thought the printers and profiles synced from the account. (?)

Posted · Missing elliptical printer can't add in 5.3

Setting the bed shape seems to be broken indeed. Changing the shape options does not seem to "take". This is a bug that needs to be fixed. I think this is the same issue that is reported here:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/14795

11 hours ago, jwhils said:

I thought the printers and profiles synced from the account. (?)

No, not from the Ultimaker Account. At least, not automatically. I think you can create a backup in 5.2, and restore it in 5.3.

However, Cura 5.3 should on first run "find" your 5.2 profile, and make a copy to use for Cura 5.3. If that did not happen, then please try the following:

* In cura 5.3, go to Help -> Show configuration folder.

* Close Cura

* In the folder that opened in the first step, go up one folder, then locate the folder named "5.2"

* Copy - don't move - all the files in that folder to the folder named "5.3".

* Restart Cura

This should get you the configuration you had in Cura 5.2, updated for Cura 5.3.

• Like 1