Looking for a second-hand S5 - Student budget

Posted (edited) · Looking for a second-hand S5 - Student budget

Hello,

I'm currently in an engineering study course (everything is going smoothly) and, as a reward for getting a mention to my exams, I am looking for a 3D printer.
I got the chance to discover and work for more than a year now with Ultimaker material, and I'm confident this is a good choice.

I'm looking for a Ultimaker S5 around France, even if used and damaged (if so, it would be great to get some detailed pics) and can come pick it up.

I'll be happy to receive any DM for advice or help in my searches.

Edited by craftish37
Title more appropriate to the situation

Posted · Looking for a second-hand S5 - Student budget

Some more points:

• I've seen loads of articles by professionals selling their printer with used printing equipment included, if you're one of them, please let me know!

• I may buy around mid-June/beginning of July

Thanks for anyone reading this topic, even more if you've shared it!

• craftish37 changed the title to Looking for a second-hand S5 - Student budget
    • 1 month later...

Hey, im selling a Ultimaker 3 Extended printer in Denmark, but it is in really good condition! It can easily be shipped

Your printer indeed looks well maintained, may I ask you some details about the spare parts ? I'll also need some pictures of the head and maybe the time the nozzle was hot, it would be great 👍

Thanks for the site, unfortunately, I am looking for a >2020 S5 and all the machines for sale on this site are <2020

It's on me, I should've been more precise

What are the differences between these? Why would you consider the 3 of loeJLI then? It is a far older machine...

I will consider it only if I’m out of options regarding S5, moreover, their machine is very well maintained, which is a good criteria to have a taste of the potential damages

I’ll keep an eye on those machines too, don’t worry 😁

Posted (edited) · Looking for a second-hand S5 - Student budget

Haha, if it was only my choice, I would sell you our 2022 UMS5 right away, and I'm in France !

It's been a machine able to print very good and complex things that the other would not have been capable of, but most of all it's been the worst machine i've ever had, so much trouble x) It's even more frustrating than a conventional paper printer wifi connected haha.

I can hardly understand how UMS5 would be a good choice for anyone, let alone a student for home printing. Except if you're using soluble support / 2 head printing on a daily basis. Otherwise... Well, Bambulab and way other brands would suit the budget and the performance better 😛

Anyway, good luck on your research and enjoy printing on whatever machine !

Edited by Dadkitess

Bought recently, thanks to all 🙂
    image.thumb.png.02159bde44e77254026c119fdbef2b51.png