My Ender 3 Max Neo print head keeps drill down on the bed after it's unplugged.

tdtw_dec

Posted · My Ender 3 Max Neo print head keeps drill down on the bed after it's unplugged.

I have an Ender 3 Max Neo, and I print via USB often.  I'm running macOS 13.2.1 with Ultimaker Cura 5.3.0-beta 2.

Every time I'm done and unplug my printer, I shut the printer down, then, the next time I boot it up & home it on my printer, it seems like the printer will ignore the ABL sensor and keeps pushing down on my print bed, making huge grinding noises, then after a few seconds, it goes back to normal.

It only happens the first time it home after I unplugged it from my computer.

I don't exactly know what's going on.  Firmware issue?  Or some software incompatibility?

Thanks.

Posted · My Ender 3 Max Neo print head keeps drill down on the bed after it's unplugged.

That sounds like a hardware or firmware issue.

With that said, its NOT recommended at all to print via USB with UltiMaker Cura on any OS.

• 2 weeks later...
    On 3/28/2023 at 5:21 PM, Dustin said:

That sounds like a hardware or firmware issue.

With that said, its NOT recommended at all to print via USB with UltiMaker Cura on any OS.

I downloaded a custom Marlin firmware and never had that issue again.  Still, I searched on this topic a little bit.  I'm better off investing in other USB solutions.

• Like 1