Introduction

MOTO

Posted (edited) · Introduction

What's going on guys,

I'm JJ  (Jan-Jaap for the dutchies) and just a couple of months fresh into the printing world.

Work as a one man army with metals, from welding to cad-design to automotive sheet metal. have my own shop and once in a while i do some prototyping. 

used an Ender 3 pro from a friend once in a while (awesome prints for the money) but decided i wanted one that has more reliability for different materials so i can use them as end products.

Bought a used S5 from 2021 and purchased the air manager couple of days later.  Build the whole thing into the wall of the office so i can reach it from both sides and hopefully it keeps the dust from grinding and welding out a little bit.

also added a mirror for the main camera, a cheap camera on top  and a weatherstation to keep an eye on it when i'm gone. 

was already browsing this forum for a while and had a lot of questions answered by reading but i do have one unanswered.. 

don't have a material station yet or a filament dryer so i'm drying my nylon on the print bed.

Is there any way to turn off the fan without deinstalling it? just for drying material, although i can imagine it dries faster with a bit of air flow i don't feel like changing the filter at some point just for drying?

Thanks for reading!

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

Edited by MOTO

• 5 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies