A part of structure is missing in preview, but visible in x-ray

Phtev

Posted · A part of structure is missing in preview, but visible in x-ray

Hi,

I am new to 3D printing. I am trying to print following file but it seems like the middle X part is missing after slicing.

X-ray mode does not provide any information. I am pretty sure the structure is thicker than 0.4mm

I am trying to use tree support, wondering if this can cause such issue.

any help or suggestions?

Mario_Lamp 43mm edit.stl

This may have to do with your settings. If you save a project (File -> Save project...) and post that file, we can see both the model and all your settings. As is, I can only say "it works for me"

18 hours ago, ahoeben said:

This may have to do with your settings. If you save a project (File -> Save project...) and post that file, we can see both the model and all your settings. As is, I can only say "it works for me"

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I am not too sure what I've done.

But in the process of following your advice (saving as a project and upload here), I noticed that the file is now working.

I feel like restarting the program resolved the issue itself. Wonder if this is a known glitch.

Thank you anyway, have a good day 🙂

18 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Hi again!

I may have found the reason why.

The issue comes back when I try to use "Spiralized Outer Contour" aks Vase mode. Cura would exclude the middle X structure in this case.

Is there a walk around for this issue?

Normal mode takes about 1Day 13 hrs to print, while the vase mode is ~9hr without the X structure. I feel like if vase mode would be much quicker