G-code writer plugin disabled automatically

MrAn0nymous

Posted · G-code writer plugin disabled automatically

I observed that 'G-code writer' plugin was disabled automatically on my Cura 5.2 as well as 5.3, making it impossible to save as .gcode.

Can we find out what was the root cause? I wasted many hours debugging what went wrong and coincidently found out about this.

gcode writer.JPG

The screenshot shows a button to disable the plugin. It does not say that the plugin is disabled. If the plugin were disabled, that button would change to "Enable", and the plugin icon and name would be shown greyed out.

Regardless, to know the reason why a plugin is not loaded (which does not seem to be the case for the G-Code Writer plugin), you would need to look at the Cura.log file, which can be found via Help -> Show configuration folder.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for replying. Well apparently I took the screenshot after enabling it back.

I was just pointing out the place I was referring to by that circle.

Cura does not decide to disable plugins by itself. A plugin could fail to load due to a bug or incompatibility, but then you would not be able to enable it by pressing a "Enable" button.

What could have happened is that you at some point loaded a project from someone else (or yourself) who may have had that plugin disabled (inadvertently or on purpose). Disabling plugins is seen as a preference, and preferences are saved with projects. So if you load a project with the preference to disable a specific plugin, that plugin will then be disabled.

• Like 1