Bottom Layers - Error vase mode

akyriakou

Posted (edited) · Bottom Layers - Error vase mode

Hi all,

I am printing with a nozzle of 0.8mm  in vase mode and I have 3 bottom layers because I want to achieve a logo on the base. Unfortunately, I always have the same problem on the exact same location; the transition layer right after the 3 bottom layers end, result in this small offset/shift as if the flow is increased there just for several seconds and gradually fades away and gets back to normal again from that point on. I noticed I had the same thing even with smaller nozzles, but of course there it was not that visible the effect. Does anyone know anything about it? Is there a way to eliminate this effect? Thanks in advance!

processed-0896cf4d-94a3-4f1b-a166-b9bf9503785e_TBPlLAd5.jpeg

processed-570663a4-2bdb-4010-ad68-799623e9bbdf_4PtMBncl.jpeg

processed-6cc7bfeb-7f4d-4145-99e0-be49baffcea4_0oMsbzhn.jpeg

Edited by akyriakou

• akyriakou changed the title to Bottom Layers - Error vase mode
    Posted · Bottom Layers - Error vase mode

I'm getting something similar with a calibration cube when it goes from solid to perimeter on my UM3image.thumb.jpeg.6dc938cc132a3109ccb796ef430434fe.jpeg

I just installed new bond tech extruders and made the changes to the setup file like instructed. Otherwise the print looks good. Carefully using a micrometer the bottom few layers I measure the cube as 19.85mm. should be 20mm. And the perimeter walls are 20.15mm instead of 20mm.