motor porblem after switching mainboard

Go to solution Solved by Dustin,

Posted · motor porblem after switching mainboard

Hello at all,

I'm pretty new in 3d printing and I don't have that much experience, so I hope you can help me.

I have a Ultimaker 2 (Ext+) and after switching the main board from an extended version ,there are two extruder connectors, to another one with just one extruder connector the extruder motor suddenly unloads when it should loads and vice versa.

The reference number of the mainboards are the same it's: Ultimainboard rev.  2.1.4

Could the problem be that the mainboard is not the right one?

I hope you have some ideas 🙂

• Solution
    Posted · motor porblem after switching mainboard

Sounds like you have a firmware miss match..
    Ultimaker 2/Extended & Ultimaker 2+/Extended  - are not the same machines firmware wise.. the feeder direction was reversed etc.. 
    Make sure you load the correct firmware for your model of machine.