Cura 5.3.1 Can’t open file folder or Save print to file on Chromebook? Please help

madman2126

Posted · Cura 5.3.1 Can’t open file folder or Save print to file on Chromebook? Please help

I just installed  Linux on Chromebook and running Cura 5.3.1. I am able to drop and drag files as well as using the terminal to open the file in cura. 

When cura opens, the file folder on top left corner not opening as well as from the drop down file menu. After slicing the image and in preview it will only allow me to save to disk and not choose a file location to an SD card or usb. The drop down file menu save file or export is not working either. They are not grayed out just not doing anything. 

Posted · Cura 5.3.1 Can’t open file folder or Save print to file on Chromebook? Please help

It appears whatever version of Linux people are installing on these Chromebooks lately is lacking some dependencies and permissions randomly. 

If you search Chromebook on the community here you will find multiple different work arounds related to your very issue.

Officially the ChromeOS is not supported by UltiMaker Cura.. and a large number of the Linux users with issues I have seen are related to using Linux on Chromebook hardware.